The Christian God and Allah:
- Do not partake in the same discourse
- Do not put forth the same values
- Do not have the same concepts of government and non-religious organizations
- Do not propose for humanity the same destiny
Allah's religion demands that the Qur'an be the constitution of all governments (e.g., promoting jihad, forbidding the presence of Christian churches, enforcing Islamic law--Sharia). Contrast this with Jesus teaching: "Give to Caesar what is Caesar's, and give to God what is God's." Jesus taught that conversion was to be accomplished through persuasive teaching of the Good News of God's mercy and a voluntary Baptism.
Islamic apologists silence all intellectual endeavors that offend them. Many Muslim death threats have been made to writers and politicians--some carried out because the victims couldn't hide fast enough! For a long list of examples throughout the world, google "Muslim death threat." Also google "Islamic slavery" and "Muslim kidnapping" of brides and young children from non-Islamic populations.
A Muslim who studies and writes about the literary and historical sources of the "divinely transcribed" Qur'an will necessarily find himself in physical danger. Salmon Rushdie, author of The Satanic Verses, is the best example. While he has avoided death from the fatwas, here's what Wikipedia says has happened to his translators and publishers:
In 1991, Rushdie's Japanese translator, Hitoshi Igarashi, was stabbed and killed in Tokyo, and his Italian translator was beaten and stabbed in Milan. In 1993, Rushdie's Norwegian publisher William Nygaard was shot and severely injured in an attack outside his house in Oslo. Thirty-seven guests died when their hotel in Sivas, Turkey was burnt down by locals protesting against Aziz Nesin, Rushdie's Turkish translator.The most important distinction between the two G(g)ods concerns the Trinity and the Incarnation of God as man. The Muslim god (Allah) denies the existence of a Word made flesh and the Holy Spirit. Jesus Christ was recorded by four writers of that day as performing many miracles, including bringing people back from the dead. Jesus says "I Am Who Am"--thus using the Old Testament name and calling Himself God. Muhammed denies Jesus's words and says that Jesus is only a prophet.
Muhammed's and Islamic history is one of conquering by armies against ill-prepared populations. Allah is very different from the Christian God because this Islamic god teaches:
- The expansion of Islam by aggression (most of the world's military hot spots have something to do with Islam--especially in Africa)
- Religious rule with a scimitar-wielding fist, including cutting off of hands for stealing (Islamic governments give limited or no rights to non-believers)
- The reward of faithful adherents with a heaven full of virgins (In contrast, Jesus said “The children of this age marry and remarry; but those who are deemed worthy to attain to the coming age and to the resurrection of the dead neither marry nor are given in marriage....they are like angels.")