Jul 15, 2006

Explosive Prayers !

Short indulgenced prayers were taught to us as children. They were called ejaculations, but that name has reasons for being changed. I suggest we call these short prayers EXPLOSIVE PRAYERS, ones that you can say in one expelled breath.

Many times my short prayers have more meaning than longer prayers. Often, explosive prayers are cries that tell God you need immediate help. I remember my Grandma discovering (over 50, no it was over 60 years ago) that I had misbehaved or again created some mess. As she looked upward to heaven (seriously!), her cry was a prayer--Mary, help me! Mary help me!-- and it was said in a foreign language. I knew she was calling on the Mother of God, but I didn't know the rest of it until years later. [Maybe her short, explosive prayers are the reason I have not yet been condemned to hell. Grandma, keep saying those prayers!]

Here are some of my favorite EXPLOSIVE PRAYERS.
  • O Sacrament Most Holy, O Sacrament Divine, all praise and all thanksgiving be every moment Thine.
  • Sacred Heart of Jesus, I place all my trust in Thee. [my personal favorite]
  • Sweetest Jesus, be to me not a judge, but a Saviour.
  • Divine Heart of Jesus, convert sinners, save the dying, set free the holy souls in purgatory.
  • My God and my All!
  • Jesus, Help me!
  • My Jesus, mercy!
  • Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon them.
  • By thy Immaculate Conception, O Mary, make my body pure and my soul holy.
  • Mary, have pity on me.

2 comments:

wolftracker said...

I say such things all day long. Thanks for expanding my library of such prayers

Anonymous said...

You forgot the one that God always answers in the affirmative:

Thy will be done.